|Birth Name:||Katy Ellen French||Height:||5ft 10 inches|
|Birth Date:||31 October 1983||Weight:||54 kilos / 119 pounds|
|Birth Place:||St Joseph’s Hospital, Basel, Switzerland||Measurements:||36:22:36|
|Death:||6 December 2007 in Our Lady’s Hospital, Navan, Ireland||Hair Colour:||Ash Blonde|
|Burial Location:||Church of Ireland, Enniskerry, County Wicklow||Eye Colour:||Hazel|
|Junior School:||Ardtona House School, Milltown, Dublin 14||Mother:||Janet Grant, English|
|High School:||Alexandra College Dublin and Institute of Education, Dublin||Father:||John French, Australian|
|Occupation:||Model, journalist, radio and TV presenter.||Sister:||Jill Eileen French|
Did you know?
- Katy was one of the brightest kids in school. She was regularly top of the class in every subject and achieved 6 passes in Honours Leaving Cert.
- Katy was really into sports as a child. She was on the school swimming, rounders, hockey and football teams.
- Katy loved to sing and she took part in the All Ireland School Girls Choir Concert at the National Concert Hall in 1989.
- Apart from her modelling and writing achievements, Katy had a lot of experience in business. She set up administrative systems for her father’s business in marketing and renting of holiday homes in Ireland. She ran the administration of her mother’s marketing consultancy business and operated the bookkeeping systems.
- Katy helped develop three restaurant businesses in Dublin – creating PR and publicity, designing menus, organising the décor, arranging all the admin and operations, training staff and even waitressing when needed.
- In 2007 Katy received more column inches in newspapers and magazines than any other celebrity or public figure in Ireland.
- Katy was a prolific writer, who focused on the life experience and feelings of young people in Irish society. She was a journalist for the Sunday Independent, Life Magazine, Social and Personal magazine and Mail Showbiz column.
- In her 24 years of life Katy visited South Africa, Swaziland, Mozambique, Costa Rica, Dubai, Vietnam, Malaysia, Israel, India, Thailand, Egypt, Italy, Switzerland, France, Holland, and in North America she visited Massachusetts, Virginia, New England, California, Florida, as well as the Grand Canyon, Phoenix and Las Vegas in Arizona.
- The TV3 programme ‘Diary of a Model’, first aired on 25 March 2008 and covering Katy’s daily life as a press model, received the highest ratings of any TV programme on Irish television.